Wednesday, November 14, 2007

 

Traffic Inflation?

Am I the first to notice that when you visit certain blogs from links elsewhere, when you hit the back button, you return to where you are? Could it be that less than scrupulous or honest bloggers install a device that inflates their traffic counts by redirecting a “go back” attempt to stay still? (Call it a double or triple hit.)

My solution to this problem is to hit back twice in rapid succession, which usually pulls me back to where I came from.

I’ve had this happen at Malkin’s site; the latest offender is Glenn Greenwald at Slate, so this traffic inflation technique knows no partisan bounds.

I’m no expert, but it reminds me of a technique that seems pervasive in a less reputable online industry…

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]