Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

Upcoming Reads!

Some of the unexpected benefits of MILBLOGGING are occasional invitations to review books pre-publication, or early in a book’s release.

I just received what look like two great reads in the mail, courtesy of Simon and Schuster:

Sea of Thunder: Four Commanders and the Last Great Naval Campaign, 1941-1945, by Evan Thomas, publication date November 7, 2006.

Masters of the Air: America’s Bomber Boys Who Fought the Air War Against Nazi Germany, by Donald L. Miller, publication date October 10, 2006.

I’m looking forward to both of these, and I know a WWII Pacific Theater Vet (Elder Manly) and a certain young wargamer (Little Manly) who will be very happy to take their turn after me!

Seems like Simon and Schuster is quickly becoming my favorite publishers. Might have something to do with The Blog of War, but I’ll let others be the judge.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]