Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 

A Praise Report from Mrs. Dadmanly

(Editor's Note: Mrs. Dadmanly has graciously allowed us to post a praise report she sent Dadmanly today, the first of hopefully a regular feature. Names have been changed to maintain anonymity, and the picture has been modified to fit your screen.)

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!! This is looonnngg.....

I felt like taking one turn in-between Dadmanly's daily inspiration. I read my husbands emails filled with inspiration, hope, wisdom, love, courage, and it is AMAZING to me what the Lord has done/is doing in Dadmanly's life, separate and apart from his family, friends, etc. WOW! I get blown away almost daily by what continues to transpire in his life, I cannot wait to see the next chapter unfold. Although I, like many others, do not always have time to read through everything at once, or grasp the depth of the work that is being done in his life, I have grown just because he is sharing.

I wanted to share my heart today that is filled to the brim and overflowing. If anyone would have told me that I could experience the degree of joy, peace, direction, guidance, wisdom, care, love, GROWTH, and sadness, that has occurred in me and my life since Dadmanly left, I would have truly told them they were crazy. When Dadmanly first left I went through a deep rooted pain that I cannot even express in words, and this was the most horrible, horrible thing God could have ever done. I had no idea this experience would grow into and become one of the most life changing pieces of my life, exactly where I need to be at this point in my life.

I was reflecting this morning on the numerous ways in which God has been taking care of me during this deployment. The revelation truly hit me today. I have experienced first hand what I have been reading and praying and learning about, and waiting for and longing for, and even doubting could be for me. God's Grace, Mercy, Love, Care throughout this "journey" that I had no control over (hum, even a message there, mycontrol???). This was not a journey I would have ever chosen to go on.

I wanted to share three things that happened just in the past four days. This will give you only a tiny bit of understanding into what the past 11 months have been like. I could name "tons" of things, but then I would be writing a book, and I am leaving that up to Dadmanly (who by the way is the most awesome husband, friend, support, have I mentioned any of this before?). Sunday I went to a close friend's babies (yes babies, twins) dedication at her church. As I was leaving the church in our van, I was "being me" and turned totally around to wave to someone behind me and continued to drive -- what I thought was forward, but I was turning the wheel as I turned my head -- and went into a very deep gully.

It was obvious from the position Little Manly and I were in, in the van, that if we moved, we might tip over, I did not know at the time, but the back of our van on the left side was in the air, wheels and all. What occurs to me now is how once again God took care of us! He sent the exact person to calm me, my friend's brother came to the door to help Little Manly and I out. The people that comforted us, the timing of the towtruck, the tow truck driver, my pastor calling my cell phone to ask me a question during this exact time, and prayed with me at that moment on the phone.

Everything was orchestrated by God and taken care of, I remembered I prayed that morning for protection. Not that it is magic, but God tells us to COME TO HIM, "Have a relationship with Me." He is a gentleman, He waits for us, let me tell you there is not a human on this earth who will ever convince me that God did not take care of us during that "adventure." We had not a scratch on us, and the van only had a couple of scratches. Then about a half hour later, Dadmanly called to say "Hi." AWESOME, to hear my husband's voice at that time!

The next event was Little Manly's first baseball game last night. God was there again, I'm not kidding. : ) He gave my son confidence to do something that Little Manly does with his Dad, and without his Dad here, Little Manly still did it knowing that his Dad would be so very proud of him. Perseverance, encouragement, strength, not only for himself but for my son to share with others. What a gift that young boy is to me and so many others, another reminder of the Grace, Mercy, Love, Care of God. They won the game, even without his Dad here, my son stepped up to bat. Again, God sent people to be there for my son, my nephew and his wife came, and my sister. Little Manly sensed the love and support, and even too young to understand. I know God knew who needed to be there last night, my nephew to my son is like having "a Dad" there, God knew this too, I believe that with all my heart.

When we got home my sister left my son a message on the phone, that not only touched my son's heart, but he knew before he heard it that it was her, that again is God's love, care, support and comfort. Again, Dadmanly called last night, and Little Manly shared all the news of the day and he beamed to "share it all with Dad!"

The last thing I need to share, this one I can hardly write without crying. I have to say that I do believe in God's timing. His timing is perfect, and when I surrender my day to Him and not try to do it alone. it is wonderful to see what transpires. Even in the midst of a trial, an uncomfortable situation, circumstances that occur that I would like to go home and hide under my pillow for the day, or just tears that flow without end on somedays, because pain or sadness feels too great to have to face.

God is working out every detail of my life. My cousin (and friend) died seven months ago. It is still very painful to think about. I still go to call her with something funny or silly that we would share together. She has a daughter that I have loved since she was a little girl, just something about her that has stayed within my heart for this child. When my cousin died, I talked with my niece. She asked if I could make her "cavatelli and broccoli," something I had made years ago that she loved and wanted the recipe for. Time has gone on and I have prayed and thought about my niece, but did not do anything to make contact. Today, again, God's timing not mine, I got an email from my Aunt, and on that email was my niece's address.

I immediately sent her a note and asked if I could make her those silly macaronis. After I sent it, I continued down my emails for the day, and she had actually sent me one, asking me for the recipe! No one can tell me that perfect timing does not exist. I wrote her back just sharing my heart, and I can't wait to hear back from her. All these experiences may seem insignificant to you, but they are huge for me. It is the daily assurance, the soft whisper in my ear and spirit that "I am with you" that I can hang onto, I do not have to do it on my own, in my own strength. God wants me to give each day to Him, not depend on anyone but Him, and He will send me EXACTLY what I need EXACTLY when I need it. NOTHING is impossible for Him.

So many people that I cannot even count have touched my life, heart, in so many ways since Dadmanly was separated from me: Family, Church, Coffee Shops, Road Workers, Grocery Clerks, Ice Cream Shop Owner, Landlord's Mother, A women I met ordering flags over the internet last year, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews, Sisters, Sisters-in-Law, Parents, Children, Co-Workers, Old Friends, New Friends, Aunts, Uncles, Counselors, Spiritual Guides, Strangers(in parking lots, lol), Teachers, Baseball Coaches, Neighbors...

I wrote down one day the names of people that I could remember that have come alongside of me just in the past 11 months, and I came up with 350 ... and I know that is not everyone ... I may not be rich in material things, but the God I serve, follow, and trust has given me more then I EVER EVER could have imagined, or thought possible on this journey. I really am looking forward to the next chapter of my life. Jeremiah 29:11 says,
"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future, call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen, you will find me when you seek me with all your heart."

I am a blessed woman. Dadmanly's Wife, Mrs. Dadmanly : )





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]